.

.

7 March 2013

6 Foot Track - Sub 4.10

This Saturday will be my first attempt at the famous 6 Foot Track Marathon.  I know the race, know the history and am excitedly counting down the hours until 7.05am.

I have been aiming for this run since late November last year when I committed to running seriously.  Since that point I have been running 6 or 7 days a week and have not missed one training session.  I have had good and bad days, but I have noticed some promising gains in my ability to run and in particular to run a long way.

Backing up long runs with recovery runs, grinding/sprinting lots of hills, plenty of speed work and loads of core activities has been a challenge, but it has set me in a good physical shape to tackle such a tough race. From December my stats have been excellent.


Dec 17/12 to Feb 24/13



I have been training to a plan and my aim is to race in the same way.  Unfortunately for me it won't be until 2014 that I can run the race to my full capacity.  I am not quite ready to charge down to the Cox like I would like but it is here where I aim to establish my race.  After this I will push through the hills of MiniMini and Pluvio and hold on for the last 19km using the trail to assist with maintaining a good pace.  I have done the physical work, developed on the mental aspect, practiced my nutrition and race strategy both on the 6 Foot track and off it and am confident it will go to plan.

Ultimately my goal is sub 4.10 and this is very achievable.  I will be happy to finish knowing that I have run the race strongly and performed to my ability on the day.  I don't care for places and I certainly won't be racing others, I'll simply beat some and be beaten by some, my goals are personal performance, race experience, rising to the challenge and to have fun.  Next year I will be aiming for a personal best and base results on this, but that is next year.

Top of Pluvio
So come Saturday I hope to be at Jenolan Caves knocking back the few Squires I've gone without in my prep.

No comments:

Post a Comment