|Holidays = beaches, boardwalks & recovery dips!|
The last 4 weeks have been very productive on a number of levels;
- I have returned to normal training, achieving the usual planned sessions set out in my program.
- I have been running injury free and loving it.
- My fitness, both aerobic and anaerobic is getting back to where I want it to be.
- I have raced and met my goals and expectations.
Some areas that are still improving and need continued work;
- Long aerobic condition, the answer - to bank some long runs.
- Lactic Tolerance, answer - tempo runs, yay!
- Strength, answer, resistance training with plyo, core and dynamic work.
- Establishing a routine, answer - stop sooking out of the early morning runs and toughen up.
|Mt Arthur Challenge Wellington - A great day on new trails|
I have also ran at Wellington in the Mt Arthur Challenge Wedge Tail 9km race. I managed at pretty solid performance and was crowned King of the Mountain, covering the distance and elevation in 39:30. It was a great new event and the organisation, course and race was first class, I aim to be back next year for sure. I think the single track section that ran up and down Mt Arthur in particular, is close to my favorite bit of trail, a seriously tough climb and fast but technical descent. If your keen for a trip West then this is a great event!
|Off and racing @ STS Manly Dam 10km|
|Beach running with Charley|
|Off and racing at Mt Arthur Challenge|