.

.

12 June 2013

Weekly Log


Week Monday 3/6 – Sunday 9/6

Monday 3/6
am
Recovery Run of 13km.  Cruised at a comfy pace and felt good.  The usual flatter recovery track this morning.
pm
Hill Session on the treadmill and stepper, 4.5km. Core + Stretches.

Tuesday 4/6
am
Steady Trail Run of 16km.  Felt pretty good today.  Ran to feel and to the trail, nice hilly run round the bush at Hassans Walls.  Backed up with a 4.5km treadmill run at school sport.
pm
Core + Stretches

Wednesday 5/6
am
Nothing, got a little sleep in.
pm
Hill Session of 10.5km.  Tough long hills today.  Plenty of steep, long, technical ups and downs that got me 700m of gain in.  Felt good on the ups and am still a little cautious on the downs due to my ankle, hope I can clear this of my mind in training soon. Core + Stretches.

Thursday 6/6
am
Easy Run of 9km.  Easy flat track to get the legs ticking over.  Averaged a good pace but I still am not around the pace I want for an easy run. Core + Stretches
pm
Tempo Run 7.5km.  Old favorite river loop today for test to see where I’m at.  Aimed to tempo 3-5km and hold a fast pace before and after, including the hill section home where I used to struggle.  No such problems today, smashed 3.33 average for tempo sections and averaged 3.50 across entire run, 28.31 for the time a pb of 1.30 and a quicker pace than Edgell Jog last year.  I did hurt though…

Friday
am
Interval Session Straight n Bends.  10min warm up and cool down with 30min of fast straights float bends.  Knew from the get go I’d struggle and I did.  Really starting lagging around 20min in and played it 5min at a time, ending up with 25min effort and 5min cool down, around 10.5km in 40min.  Too many hard days in a row, can’t make these mistakes to often or it’ll get me down the track, easy day followed by hard day is a must. Core + Stretches
pm
Speed Work of 3.5km.  Running drills such as high knees, side steps, heel kicks, etc.  1km warm up and down.  Easy effort well below threshold.  Stretches

Saturday
am
Steady State Run of 25km.  Aimed for 19min 5k splits across the entire run.  Managed to hold sub 19min pace and felt awesome each time I went round the 450m cycling track.  It was as much a mental session as physical today and I was very happy to set tough goals and achieve them, I actually ran my fastest 5km split in the last.  Had a really good run today.  Core + Stretches

Sunday
am
Long Run of 36.5km.  Built into run today and felt stronger as I went.  A good opportunity to test how I’d back up and I felt strong throughout running well.  Tried new nutritional option and it went well, low kj and water a more minimal approach.  An absolutely spectacular view from the top of the Mount today.


Weekly log *10:40:39*142.15km(88.29mile) *2766m(9072.5feet)




No comments:

Post a Comment